Pages

Tuesday, 6 October 2015

Merriest Wishes

Hello

Tidying up another unfinished project today. I've had this ornament from this card cut out & sitting on my desk for a couple of months now. It was a failed attempt for a challenge when I ran out of time so I've been staring at it ever since. I have lots of watercolour backgrounds where I haven't been happy with the whole piece but have been using them to die cut words & shapes instead out of the portions that I like. In order to get something done I stuck with a design I used last Christmas except I had used patterned paper then.


I used 2 old bough stamps to do the greenery. Both of these stamps are outline images so are perfect for use with distress inks. I stamped the larger bough in Shabby Shutters & pulled the colour in to colour all the leaves. Then I overstamped with the smaller bough in Peeled Paint & coloured the same. I felt the ornament needed something & I couldn't decide whether to overstamp in gold EP or clear shimmer EP. Such a dilemma, lol! I ended up going with Wow Neutral Ultra Shimmer EP for a soft , subtle look. Maybe I should have used gold....??!


Anyway, I mounted the ornament with foam tape & finished with some clear sequins scattered through the greenery after stamping the sentiment.
I am entering into the following challenges -

Sparkle & Shine Challenge 15 - 






Thanks for visiting.

Supplies - 
Die - Spellbinders 2012 Heirloom Ornaments
Stamps - A Muse Evergreen Branch, Great Impressions, Hero Arts (sentiment)
Inks - Distress Inks Peeled Paint & Shabby Shutters, Versamark, Versafine Onyx Black
Peerless Watercolours, Wow Neutral Ultra Shimmer EP, Clear sequins

8 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Love your fun ornament!! Thank you for joining us at Sparkle & Shine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Rose. Love how you added the shimmer to the ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Thanks for the design inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ornament is so beautiful! Gorgeous Christmas card. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge :)
    Gayatri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous ornament, Rose, with shimmer that is simply perfect! A Sparkle and Shine winner, in my books!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the clear shimmer on that gorgeous watercolored ornament! So pretty 'hanging' from those pine boughs. Really pretty card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very pretty, Rose ... the clear shimmer is perfect with those lovely soft colours on your ornament ... delicate and delightful! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated.