It's certainly been a while since my last post. Not intended but life just gets in the way some times. I haven't been totally slack though as I have been busy making Christmas cards but more of that in another post.
Today's card is for The Flower Challenge # 2 -
I pulled out a MFT set that I hadn't played with for a while & made a couple of cards. This was my favourite of the two. I used Distress Markers to colour the stamps & stamped onto watercolour paper that had been spritzed with water. I pulled out some of the colour with a wet paint brush to create a soft background & also added a little extra distress ink to the flowers for a bit more colour. A little black Stickles was added to the flower centres & then finished with a SSS die cut & stamped sentiment.
Thanks so much for tasking the time to visit.



LOVE the watercolor look Rose!
ReplyDeleteHi Rose, Welcome back! Thank you for your visit to my place and for all your lovely comments! I like the treatment you did here to make your poppies look ethereal and so soft!! Hugs, Darnell
ReplyDeleteHi Rose, so glad you entered this in The Flower Challenge, such a beautiful card. The flowers look so soft and pretty, always love seeing what others are doing with Distress Inks and watercolouring. Hugs aileen DT
ReplyDeleteWelcome back, my friend...and oh, what a fabulous return you've made with these stunning poppies! Soft and airy...you've created such a magical effect with your distress inks! Looking forward to your Christmas creations in the days to come (nudge, nudge *grin*)
ReplyDeleteHugs~c
Good to see you back posting, Rose ... and with such a beauty ... these delicate, dreamy poppies are just lovely! Hugs, Anita :)
ReplyDelete