Pages

Monday, 2 September 2019

Birthday wishes

Hello

I made the background for this card a few weeks ago but then got stuck not knowing what to do with it. Happens to me a lot when I'm creating backgrounds. I will really love the finished result but when it comes to putting into a finished card design I just draw a total blank. Usually I just put it aside and come back to it after a couple weeks and hopefully inspiration will strike. So this is what I eventually came up with ...


I swiped Tattered Rose distress ink in the Tim Holtz Botanical embossing folder before putting in the cardstock. Any areas that were missed after embossing were touched up with a water brush and ink afterwards. The raised embossed parts were sponged with Viva Decor Inka Gold in Old Silver which is actually a lovely champagne colour. A soft buffing brings out the sheen even more. The frame is from Pinkfresh Studio Pretty frames die set & the sentiment is from MFT. Some PPP jewels were used in each corner of the frame.

I am sharing this at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit.
Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Rose! I have the same problem with creating backgrounds! Never know where to go with it after creating it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannelie. Glad I’m not the only one!

      Delete
  2. Rich and shimmery and so elegant, Rose ... gorgeous use of that background! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated.