Pages

Saturday, 24 January 2015

Love......

I love playing around with texture paste and stencils. There is just something about all that mixing & spreading, a bit like icing a cake I guess lol. I just love Simon Says Stamps falling Hearts & Stars stencils so I took the opportunity to use the hearts stencil for a Valentines card.

 Using Ranger Texture paste I mixed a couple of drops of Spun Sugar into the paste to use with the Falling Stars stencil to create the background. I then swiped Barn Door, Picked Raspberry & Worn Lipstick distress inks on my craft sheet and after spritzing with water picked up the colour on my die-cut heart. The kraft "Love" die cut word was cut 3 times and the last 3 letters were stacked to give dimension.I then coated the whole word in Wink of Stella to give a lovely sheen. I only stacked the last 3 letters of the word as the heart was mounted with thin foam tape raising it enough so the "L" only needed one layer.

This photo shows how the Wink of Stella pen gives a lovely sheen but even then it is still no where near as lovely as in real life!
At the last minute I added a couple of tiny clear sequins mainly because I needed to hide a small black ink smudge! Gotta love those sequins!
I'm entering this card in Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Have a Heart
and
The Card Concept Challenge # 27 Love - Mixed Media?

Thanks for looking.



Supplies
Stencil - Simon Says Stamp Falling Hearts
Dies - Sizzix Hearts # 2, Penny Black Love & Joy
Inks -  Distress Inks - Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry & Barn Door
Ranger Texture paste

7 comments:

  1. Oh look at all of those gorgeous little hearts! Too sweet! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such LOVELY inking on the large heart! Those falling tiny hearts are sweet :)
    Thanks for playing along at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love the texture of the little hearts and the gorgeous color you've achieved on the big heart! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cascading hearts & the colors on your heart are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous, I love how you have used the stencil and I love the colours you have used on your heart.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so lovely!! I love the little hearts in the background and sparkly sentiment , beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated.