Pages

Monday, 13 July 2015

You're So Special

Hello

Have been unwell for over a week now and trying to get back into creating. Was disappointed to miss a few challenge deadlines but oh well, there'll always be more :). Who would have thought it would be so hard to find motivation again! There has been a few dismal failures in the bin that's for sure.
I decided to run with something similar to my previous card but in another colour combination as I really love these flowers from Simon Says Stamp. However the finished card is definitely not the direction I was heading when I started out lol! So I decided that any card was better than no card!


I stamped the background with 2 of the flowers from SSS Friendly Flowers in Hero Arts Shadow Inks & used some leaves from WPlus9 Pretty Peonies set. I die cut a panel from the centre of the stamped background with MFT Zig Zag Stitched Rectangle Stax. Then I stamped the sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed with Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder. The centre panel was then mounted onto silver card stock and mounted back into the frame of the panel with foam tape. Some detail was added to the middle of some of the flowers just on the centre panel using Star Dust Stickles. A little hard to see in the photo but the close up gives you a better idea.




Thanks for visiting.



Supplies - 
Stamps - SSS Friendly Flowers, Hero Arts CL380 truly Appreciated
Inks - Hero Arts Shadow inks - Cornflower, Mint Julep, Tide Pool & Lime Green, Versamark
Ranger Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder, Star Dust Stickles

7 comments:

  1. Rose this looks so beautiful! I love the raised panel... gorgeous!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are back to feeling 100% soon. Love the soft color palette. Gorgeous stamped card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rose, I love love how you used this set of SSS! Totally beautiful! The extra dimension for the flower panel is superb! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “100% Stamped” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose, I saw your card at Virginia's View gallery and wanted to stop by and tell you how much I LOVE the colors your put together for it! I've pinned it for future inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rose, I hope you're feeling much better and my apologies for being behind in commenting, as we've been on Road Trip #1 for the past several days. Road Trip #2 begins on Wednesday...Your card; gorgeous! The flowers, the colours, the raised panel, the gold embossed sentiment...I'm crushing alllll over this beauty! Even though you had some challenges with Mr. Mojo, based on this gem, I'd say he's returned, full force!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & I hope you are having a fabulous time!

      Delete

Your comments are always appreciated.