Just sneaking in with a card for Muse: Christmas Visions 17.
I loved how guest muse Kristie's card made the sentiment the focal point & also her lovely clean style.
I have several lovely Christmas sentiments & this one from Penny Black is one of my favourites. I chose to keep the card very CAS to really highlight the words.
I used a very old Hero Arts border which I coloured with Distress Markers, spritzed lightly and stamped on the main card. On a separate piece I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black & cut with a stitched rectangles die. This sentiment is a wood mount stamp & unfortunately the rubber image is slightly crooked so requires several test stamps to check required angle of stamping before the final stamp. If I wasn't so lazy I'd use a stamp positioner but I have a good eye most of the time so prefer to wing it! I make it a habit to always check wood mount stamps before stamping as I own a few like this. You are probably wondering why I didn't do this at time of purchase but sometimes during the somewhat heady experience of shopping for new toys all commonsense seems to fly out the window!
I chose not to matte the verse panel as for me it just didn't look right no matter which colour I chose. I stamped a star in the bottom right with Delicata Golden Glitz and added a tiny silver star to the centre. The sentiment panel was then adhered with foam tape.
Apologies for the poor lighting & photography on this one.
Thanks for visiting.
Supplies -
Stamps - Penny Black Hope is Born, PTI O'Tannenbaum (star)
Ink - Versafine onyx Black, Delicata Golden Glitz
Distress Markers - Fired Brick, Peeled Paint



This sooo elegant and beautifully stamped,love it !x
ReplyDeleteI like to wing it too! Love how the font flows along with the gorgeous borders you stamped.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely sentiment! I love how you've popped it up and used that border stamp! So glad you joined us at MCV this week, Rose!
ReplyDeleteI love how you were inspired by my card Rose! That sentiment needed to take center stage. So perfect!
ReplyDeleteLove this sentiment! It really speaks to what Christmas is truly about. I love the simplicity of this card. The holly leaf border really frames the sentiment to perfection. So beautiful. One of the best Christmas cards ever. Bev
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous sentiment, that you've showcased beautifully with the holly border. I agree; that sentiment warrants center stage!
ReplyDeleteHugs~c
Beautiful, Rose ... lovely holly framing of that most perfect scripty sentiment ... the true meaning of Christmas! Anita :)
ReplyDelete