Pages

Tuesday, 4 August 2015

CASology Week # 158

Hello



This week I was honored (and very nervous!) to be asked to be guest designer at CASology with this weeks cue - Precious


The first thing that came to mind was sweet, precious babies! My 2 babies are both in their mid twenties now but fingers crossed that one day there will be grandbabies! So don't have very much in the way of baby stamps but did have the Hero Arts New Baby set with matching dies.



I stamped the base card with Darkroom Door Plaid Background in Hero Arts Mint Julep. The white panel was die-cut with Lawn Fawn Stitched Scallop Borders using the middle scallop edge. I used Kuretake Gansai to colour a piece of Ranger Watercolour paper in a soft lemon & mint green (you have no idea how long that took to try & mix the right colours!).  The cute elephant was stamped on the watercolour piece with Versamark & then heat embossed with Zing white embossing powder, then die cut. I stamped just the heart a second time and fussy cut then mounted with foam tape. I applied some Wink of Stella to the heart just for a little sparkle but sat on my hands again lol, before I was tempted to add more bling! Two cards in a row without bling would have to be a record for me! The SSS baby die-cut was cut twice & stacked then I finished with "hello" from a Winnie & Walter set using Misti so as not to mess up the final touch.

Thanks for visiting.


Supplies - 
Stamps - Darkroom Door Plaid background, Hero Arts New Baby, Winnie & Walter The Big the Bold & the Happy
Dies - Simon Says Stamp Baby, Hero Arts Baby Motifs, Lawn Fawn Stitched Scallop Borders
Ink - Versamark, Versafine Onyx Black, Hero Arts Mint Julep Shadow ink
Ranger Watercolor paper, Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolors, Zing white embossing powder, Wink of Stella

12 comments:

  1. I'm in love with that little elephant, Rose!!! So sweet and the colors are so pretty!
    So happy to have you along with us as guest designer this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Rose, and a great take on the cue card. Don't ever be nervous about making cards; you've got mad skills!! This is so sweet, and I love the colors, the gingham, and that scalloped border. Congrats on your GD gig!! Wonderful card. And those grandbabies will come...We've got 20! Whew! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I love the soft colours and the scallops! So great to have you as GD this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the guest design spot. This is absolutely adorable. Love how you inked up the elephant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious babies was my first thought too! Love this sweet card. Your colors are wonderful, and that elephant is adorable. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this week. See, there was nothing to be nervous about!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to have you as our guest this week Rose!
    beautiful inspiration card... and yes precious for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your GD spot, Rose ... so well deserved! Your sweet elephant really is precious ... gorgeous soft colours paired with that perfect gingham 'trim' and cute sentiment ... such a delight! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rose, this card is totally precious! I love that mint julep background pattern, and the sweet elephant is perfect! LOVE these colors! So wonderful having you as a guest designer this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Rose!! Aren't baby elephants the cutest animal ever!! I love your card its very precious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little ellie is precious and darling, indeed! What a sweet baby card! My mom waited a long time to have grand-babies. My sister and I, while both married, don't have children, so thank heavens my brother married the most awesome sister-in-law ever...bringing us the most precious gifts EVER: my niece and nephew! Being Aunty C: makes my heart sing! You'll be a grandma some day...and an amazing one, at that!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated.