Pages

Tuesday, 7 June 2016

You amaze me

Hello

So today's card is outside my comfort zone on so many levels that I'm not really sure what I was thinking lol. I initially wasn't going to post this but bit the bullet anyway. Firstly I'm not really into creating scenes even simplistic ones like this which is probably obvious when you see this card. Secondly I used digital stamps (FishScraps) for the first time and printed the images on Ranger Watercolor Paper using my laser printer. That in itself was a bit of a gamble as I wasn't sure it would work on that sort of paper or how it would hold up once wet. Thirdly I used Molotow masking pen for the first time (bubbles) but using smaller images wasn't so bad if it failed.



The printing on the Ranger Watercolor Paper (smooth side) was perfect and I was so pleased to know this worked as it opens up a heap of possibilities. All the images were coloured with Zigs and the sea floor as well. The water was coloured with a combination of 3 distress inks. The masking easily removed from the bubbles (phew!) & then I lightly coloured before adding Glossy Accents. The sentiment is from a Simon Says Stamp set.

I thought I'd enter this into Cupcake Inspirations Challenge 363 - Under the Sea



Thanks so much for taking the time to visit.

6 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet undersea scene, Rose ... and a great sense of wateriness ... that turtle with the air bubbles is so cute! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful and wonderful scene! So glad you were inspired by this week's Cupcake Inspirations challenge!
    Debbie, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose!! I'm light years behind in commenting; end of school year hectic (still a bit more to go...), but I'm catching up now! Your underwater scene is fantastic on every level, but especially the magic you've created with your Zig markers! Marvelous! The turtle and his bubbles steal the show for me!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated.