Don't drop with shock but yes, I'm posting again! It's been a long time since I've been able to get on a roll like this so fingers, toes & everything else crossed that my back stays good!
I finally got my hands on a pad of Yupo paper to play around with my long-neglected alcohol inks. I love alcohol inks a lot but was always a little bit disappointed how the colours had a tendency to fade on gloss card. None of that with Yupo! The colours stay so beautifully intense & vibrant making it a delight to work with.
I love this colour combination so much! I started out playing with various colours but this was my favourite piece out of all of them. The question was what to do with it as I was very reluctant to cut it up in case I couldn't replicate so I decided to keep it whole. Using SSS Stitched Rectangles I die cut a panel from white card & again from the alcohol ink piece & inlaid into the white frame. The PTI celebrate die-cut was sent to me by a friend (thanks Anita!) & was liberally coated in Wink of Stella.
It was finished with words from a W&W set stamped with Versamark & embossed with Wow opaque Bright White on black card.
I am entering into the following challenges -
CAS Mix Up January Challenge - Stamping, Alcohol Inks & Die-cut
HLS Anything Goes with Dies -
SSS Wednesday Challenge - New Something - Yupo paper
SSS Work it Wednesday - New Product - Yupo Paper
Thanks so much for taking the time to visit.







OH my goodness Rose this looks amazing!!! So vibrant and modern. i LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely gorgeous and original! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “New Something” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous colour combination with your alcohol inks. Really beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!
ReplyDeleteAhhh Rose I love alcohol inks and the are my favourite colours together. Stunning card you have won already in my heart.
ReplyDeleteOh Rose! All I can say is...Stunning!! This is certainly reminiscent of the name of your blog; Elegant Simplicity. The colors and the patterns that the inks have made are like a painting. Love how you've even framed it!! What a fabulous card. I love this!! Total winner. Bev
ReplyDeleteOh those colors! I've yet to try Yupo paper, but it looks scrumptious. Love your use of that beautiful die cut.
ReplyDeleteWhat gorgeous pattern and color, Rose! I love how you've inlaid the design! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!
ReplyDeleteNow, that's pretty!!!
ReplyDeleteI love how you inlaid your beautiful alcohol ink image, Rose. Loved your color combo too. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs...
ReplyDeleteThat colour combi is gorgeous, you were right to keep it whole so it can be enjoyed in its entirety!
ReplyDeleteSo vibrant and beautiful, appropriate for your "Celebrate" die cut!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!
Thanks Jo!
DeleteI'm not surprised you didn't want to cut this up, Rose ... what a gorgeous explosion of rich, saturated colour ... the style of the simple Celebrate die cut (you're welcome!) is fabulous with it! Hugs, Anita :)
ReplyDeleteGorgeous colors! I wouldn't have wanted to cut it up either! Love the dies you used for the sentiment! Great Card!!! Thanks for joining us at HLS Anything Goes with Dies!
ReplyDeleteThanks Amy!
DeleteWow! so colourful. I must try Yupo! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at HLS Anything Goes with a Die Challenge.
ReplyDeleteEmma - DT member
Thank you Emma!
DeleteBeautiful, beautiful colors!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful and artistic card. I love the colors :) Thanks for playing along with HLS Jan Anything Goes With Dies
ReplyDelete