In keeping with my goal to regularly make Christmas cards throughout the year instead of the usual last minute panic, I made this sparkly number for the One Layer Christmas Card Challenge # 5
It must be nearly 10 years since I pulled out my glitter stash lol! This card needed something more than just a touch of stickles so I dusted off some gold holographic glitter for some subtle pizazz. I love this evergreen tree from Papertrey Ink. This is a 3 part stamp so I chose Memento Love Letter for the ornaments and Bamboo Leaves for the tree. The gold sparkles around the tree were stamped with Versamark and sprinkled with Stampendous Stamp 'n Bond which then gets heat set just like embossing powder. The Stamp 'n Bond dries clear but very sticky and has a much stronger hold than a glue pad so shedding of the glitter is less likely. Once heat set I sprinkled with the Holographic Gold glitter and pressed firmly to set and then dusted off any excess. Ornaments were finished with Ranger Xmas Red Stickles. Star and tree base were stamped with Delicata Golden Glitz ink, then Icicle Stickles was applied to the star.
The hardest part was trying to photograph to capture the pretty sparkle of the Holographic Gold glitter, subtle but so much prettier than plain gold. Not sure I managed it but here's a close-up which might give a better idea.
Thanks for visiting.
Supplies -
Stamps - Papertrey Ink Tannenbaum & Signature Christmas
Ink- Memento Love Letter & Bamboo Leaves, Delicata Golden Glitz, Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark
Ranger Stickles Glitter Glue - Xmas Red & Icicle



Beautiful tree. Love the glitter and shimmer created by the gold embossing and the red stickles. Thank you for sharing with us at OLCCC.
ReplyDelete