Pages

Friday, 1 April 2016

Smooshing

Hello

Following on from yesterdays card I'm posting a card from day 2 of Altenew's Stunningly Simple Watercolour Techniques.
This card was made with an easy smooshed background created with Altenew Inks.


 As with yesterdays card I was really surprised at how beautifully these inks blended with water. The finished piece had a gorgeous creamy blended background without any real harsh lines. Once again I didn't deviate too much from the class sample as I will keep this as my reference. I used a piece of the background on the side edged with a thin strip of gold & kraft diagonal striped paper. Altenew's Wild Hibiscus was stamped & embossed in gold & fussy cut. A little splatter of Prima Color Bloom Empress Gold & finishing with an Altenew sentiment. I am really in love with these inks as they are very versatile & stamp beautifully. You always think you have more than enough ink but then....

Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. Smooshing spectacular, Rose! I've completely given up on even 'thinking' about this technique, much less doing it any more. Too much stress! Your results: sooooo pretty! I have a couple sets of the Altenew cubes; need to play with them some more. I'm still trying to figure out the Vintage Roses *grin*
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soft and elegant, Rose ... the gold embossing is gorgeous with those delicious colours! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated.