Pages

Monday, 29 February 2016

Thanks for your kindness

Hello

My second post today as I sneak this card into Hero Arts Fabulous Flowers Challenge before the deadline




 I made this with an older Hero Arts wood mount stamp Flowers on a Stem. I've used this stamp a lot & also have the clear stamps as well but I really love the red rubber for use with markers or stains. This time I used Distress Stains in 3 colours to ink my flowers & spritzed my Ranger water colour card first although that ended up being pointless with the heat. We had another 36°C day & the ceiling fans were on high so by the time I inked up each of the flowers the paper had dried so I just gave up. Same reason I haven't been watercolouring lately either as it is too hard keeping the paper wet. Once I had finished randomly stamping a border I then added Diamond Stickles to some of the flower centres for a bit of sparkle. I cut & stacked 3 of the Hero Arts Thanks for the middle & finished with the stamped sentiment.

I am also entering this into Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday - Floral


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes


Thanks for visiting.


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love how you have done this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those deep, rich colors. Your stamping is stunning Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card, Rose. Those flowers in those brilliant colors are just beautiful. It's wonderful how they ring the sentiment too. I like this card tons and tons! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card! Wonderful design! So pretty!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rose, your frame of flowers is gorgeous...vibrant, vivid, eye-catching! Perfect for that pretty sentiment. I can't imagine the weather being so hot as to dry your inks/water-colours so quickly. WOW! We "might" see a couple days of 36C temperatures during the summer, but such weather doesn't last for very long...thankfully! I'm all find in the 20-27C range; below, I freeze and above, I become a cranky nightmare! Hope you're doing well, my friend!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is absolutely beautiful and it's in one of my all time fave colour combos too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated.