I made this card for my eldest daughter. She's finding life a bit challenging at the moment so I'm hoping to cheer her up a bit.
The patterned panel was stamped with SSS Friendly Flowers & I also used some leaves from SSS Thinking of You set. I used the MISTI to do the stamping so I could be sure of good ink coverage.I cut several masks of the flowers so I could add the greenery behind the flowers. I stamped an extra pink flower on scrap card and added some detail with Copics and some Viva Decor White Pearl pen to the centre. Hero Arts Raindrop Background was used for the shaker background. The shaker was constructed with fun foam which makes life so much easier when making shaker cards. Another great tip from Jennifer McGuire! Once the shaker was constructed the extra pink flower and word strip were adhered using foam squares for dimension. The die-cut word was adhered directly over the acetate window with Multi Matte Medium.
I am entering this into Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Thanks for visiting
Supplies -
Stamps - SSS Friendly Flowers, SSS Thinking of You, SSS You, Hero Arts Raindrop Backgound
Die - SSS You, MFT Pierced Fishtail Flag Stax
Inks - MFT Cotton Candy, Berrylicious, Grapesicle, Sno Cone, Pink Lemonade, Memento Pistachio, Versafine Onyx Black
Copic R83, Viva Decor White Pearl Pen, Fun Foam



Rose this will certainly cheer your daughter up. She is lucky to have a loving mother like you!
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful! Most beautiful pastels!
What a cute shaker card! Very nice! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!
ReplyDeleteOh, Rose, you took my breath away with this exquisite card! I'm pinning and putting this in my to-CASE folder! It is impeccably executed and, wow, it's a shaker card, too!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell
ReplyDeleteSo pretty, Rose ... the pastel colours in those beautiful blooms are gorgeous ... and what a fun shaker element! I'm sure your daughter will love it! Anita :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteHi Rose - I'm visiting after being introduced to you through Darnell - I'm from Melbourne, BTW. I just love this beautiful card you made for your daughter - coincidentally, I used the same sentiment in a card I made for my daughter - it's the perfect thing to say isn't it? Then of course, I wandered through your blog and loved everything I saw there - congratulations on your beautiful cards! Hugs, Ann
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Ann! It is a beautiful sentiment when someone is doing it tough.
DeleteRose, this is sensational! I'm fluttering over from Darnell's and am so happy I did! I've spent some time going through your blog and your creations are beautiful. This card is beautiful beyond words. The use of your supplies is inspiring and the color palette is stunning. Elegant shakers are not easy to achieve, yet you have so beautifully captured it. Your daughter will treasure this heartfelt gift. I'm happy to be your newest follower and look forward to seeing your future creations. Have a beautiful day!
ReplyDeleteHugs and blessings,
Karen
thank you so much for your lovely comments! Much appreciated!
DeleteBeautiful card, Rose!
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty design.
ReplyDeleteHugs diane
Rose, your thoughtfulness in creating this card to lift your daughter's spirit is so touching...and the creativity and beauty of the card itself has me in awe! The pastel colours are incredibly lovely...and those flowers are swoon-worthy! She will love this, as do I!
ReplyDelete~c
Thank you so much. Snail mail still has it's place!
Delete